How to Enter Your Items Online
- First you will need to REGISTER and create your online Posh Kids account in MySale Manager.
- Once your account has been created you can begin managing your inventory in MySale Manager. You will begin by entering your items and creating their tags.
Our registration fee is a low $9.00, to offset the cost of the software and space rental. This fee will be paid upon registration before you can begin using our inventory system, and is non-refundable.
MySale Manager will ask for the following information on each tag:
- Category. Choose a category from the drop down menu that best describes the item you are listing (i.e. for a boys pair of pants, you will select boys clothing). If the category of the item is not listed you can leave it blank.
- Size. If entering a clothing item select the size from the drop down menu under the category. Choose the size that best describes your item.
- Item Description. Include a brief description of the item you are listing. (i.e.: Gap Monkey Tee and Gap Denim Jeans). If you need more room you can use the 2nd description box below. Giving a detailed description of your items helps if/when a tag becomes separated from an item.
- Price. Set your own price. Refer to the Pricing Guide to help you best-set prices for your items to sell. Remember that prices should be set at 25-40% of the original retail price. All items must be priced in increments of $1.00.
- If you price your items fairly they will sell and buyers will continue to shop Posh Tots for future purchases.
- Quantity. This box allows you to add more than one tag at a time if you are selling multiple items with the same price and description.
- Discount. Check the box if you choose to discount your item by 50% to be sold Sunday at our half price sale. We suggest choosing to discount the item especially if you are planning to donate it.
- Donate. You will check this box to donate the item if it does not sell. All items will be donated to our locally selected charities.
- Submit. After you have selected all the appropriate and necessary information about your item click submit. The item is then added to your online inventory. Continue this process until you have added tags for every one of the items you will be selling.
- Note: If you do not see all the items you are adding in your Inventory you will want to check the box that says “By default”. Only the last 5 items entered show. By checking this all items you have entered in your inventory will show.
- You can also Delete Items singularly or in multiples. As well as Discount or Donate items you may have overlooked.
- Save: Make sure you save your tags as you go. Mysale manager will time you out after 15 minutes so periodically saving as you go will prevent you from losing items you have entered.
- Finished. After you are finished creating your tags you will click the I’m Finished For Now button. This will bring you back to your account page.
- Preview. Before you print we suggest that you Print Preview your tags to make sure there is a clear and legible Bar Code on each tag. We cannot accept items with tags that do not have clearly printed bar codes.
- Note. If there is NO bar code on your tags in the Consignor Tag window you will either need to:
- Disable your pop-up blocker on your internet or
- Use Internet Explorer and not Firefox. Sometimes consignors have trouble when printing in Firefox.
- For Apple and Mac computer users, you need to scale your tags to make them larger since Apple computers tend to print tags smaller. If they are not scaled and print small the barcode on the tag will not scan on the item's tag.
- Print. Once you are ready to tag your items select Print and all of your created tags will be printed for your entered inventory. Don’t forget to use white 60-67lb cardstock when printing your tags.
- Note: If you have signed out and are logging back in you will click on the “work with consigned inventory” link. Then select the link for either Print All Tags or Print Selected Tags. You can either print them all at once or print the individually selected ones if you have already previously printed some.
This is a Sample Tag for reference.
- Information on the tag (top to bottom, left to right): sale name, consignor id, item category, item id, size, description line 1, description line 2, donate indicator, consignor/item indicator, discount indicator, barcode, price, resort code.
- 2 line item description, 24 characters per line.
- The word "Donate" means donate. Absence of that word indicates No Donate.
- The word "No Discount" means the item should not be discounted. Absence of this phrase indicates the consignor wishes to discount the item.
- The consignor/item indicator is there so that consignor # and item # will persist on the bottom portion of the tag when it has been torn off an item (usually at checkout).
- The tag shown at right is ACTUAL SIZE. This tag prints 10 per page.
Tagging Your Items. After you have printed your Tags you need to cut them and make individual tags for each item being sold. You can use safety pins, a tagging gun, and packaging tape. For the safety of our shoppers and small children we ask that you do not use staples, needles, and straight pins for tagging your items. Should you use these we will kindly ask that you remove them and replace with approved materials. If you use a tagging gun, please make sure to tag the inside label or in the seam of the clothing item and NOT the item itself (it leaves small holes). If your item does not have a tag, please use a safety pin. We will not accept clothing with holes.